the firing line

Re: the firing line

whilst all of the tunes have their respective merits, my personal favourites were the last few tunes, particularly the one that started at around 10:15. it had an edge to it that made it really stand out in my opinion. Great tunes!

There’s some good-sounding stuff in there! You put so many together it’s hard to pick out particular bits to give feedback on. Some of it sounded Old-timey American, some of it very Irish. Personally, I would have liked to heard multiple shorter sets, with more emphasis on the transitions between tunes. But, I’m impressed. Thanks for sharing!

Some nice tunes there Tim. I’d like to eventually hear some of them played individually, and with names.

The names are all in the description section 🙂

I do intend to record these in a more substantial and arranged way, with backing and such. All in good time…

Ah! Thanks Tim. Sorry but I hadn’t even looked (just watched the Vid) so I don’t know why I assumed that you hadn’t given us the names. I think you should end up with some good stuff from all that.

You’ve been busy; nice tunes! I look forward to hearing some as sets, they way you’d like to put them together best. Good job Timmy. 🙂

Good for the session in discovering this guy and his tunes. That barn dance (?) in the middle has me captivated and enchanted. Name? Excellent work, I hope to hear more.

Posted .

Hey kook, if it’s the B flat tune, it’s called “Where’s My Astrolabe?”. All of the names are the description section. Thanks for your kind words!

The one that starts at the 3 min mark? I don’t have instrument here, sorry.

Posted .

Hey kook, that one is called “Don’t Be Like That”. It’s in D.

I like them Timmy, I agree with others though, break them down into sets or individual tunes. I know you said you will record them with backing but personally I prefer to hear the fiddle tunes with no backing, I prefer to hear the melody only. I’ve subscribed toyour YT account.

“Firing off” all the tunes at one time was the best method of getting my attention! It shows the strength behind the numbers and ease at which you did it, and an over all style that we may not have picked up on one tune individually.

I didn’t think or hear different genres in the music as someone else said nor do I think it is important, you are Timmy! From Oregon damn it! Good on you! UP Oregon!

Posted .

thx 🙂

When I saw it was “timmy!” I knew it was going to be good. Lovely stuff, Tim.