Cute…

Re: Cute…

Definitely rates a smile.

Great - Tola Custy, I think, Zoe Conway, Cathy Jordan ? Others…?

Posted by .

Daoirí Farrell is in there too playing the bouzouki. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the flute player on stage with Paddy Keenan before, but I can’t think of his name. Is the piper John McSherry?

I thought it might be John McSherry as well, and wondered if the flute player was Brendan O’Hare. Not sure about that, though. I haven’t seen either of them for a few years.

Posted by .

Thanks! Made my Monday morning a little cheerier.

Isn’t the "security guard" the fiddler from Dervish?

I noted that the adults were leery of the red box and ‘twas the wee lassies who had the lack of self consciousness to crank things up. Grand!

That was fun, although I think it missed something by using a studio recording track instead of live sound. That would have been difficult, I know, but not impossible. The polished production values made it seem a bit like a tourism ad, or credit card commercial.

Or maybe I’m just grumpy from not enough coffee this morning. It was a cute idea otherwise.

There’ll be horses cantering through the bar next…. but good fun, thanks,

Does anyone know what make the bouzoukis are? It sort of looks like a Joe Foley headstock but the inlay is not one I’ve seen. Sound hole is interesting though.

Love this!!! I mean, how could this NOT brighten up a Monday morning? Even more fun to read the comments, since some of you know the musicians! :D Thank you so much for sharing this!

The flute player looks a bit like Eamonn De Barra, and the fiddler is definitely from Dervish (his name escapes me at the moment).

I’m curious, what tune are they playing?

"Isn’t the "security guard" the fiddler from Dervish?"

Yes - the security guard is none other than Tom Morrow. The bodhran player that strikes up during the silence is Cathy Jordan.

Great little video! Thanks for posting, and brightening my day!

Yeah, so cool, thanks Piece

Posted by .

Both of those zouks are Joe Foleys. One has a spruce top and the other has either a cedar or redwood top.

Put a big smile on my face. Thanks piece.