Tony MacMahon latest CD?

Tony MacMahon latest CD?

Has Tony put out a recent CD of his airs? I heard he was packing in, sadly, as Parkinson’s has affected him

Re: Tony MacMahon latest CD?

Thanks . I know there is one of him and Steve Cooney (Guitarist)

Sad to hear he has Parkinson’s. Well done he for squeezing out the last bit of music for us. I hope he will still be able to enjoy the music in a non-playing capacity.

Tony gave an interview on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta last week and I am delighted to relate that in fact,
he does not have Parkinson’s disease‎.
He had previously been diagnosed with the disease but recent tests reveal that he is not suffering from Parkinson’s.
It was a misdiagnosis from the beginning of course.
He is off the medication and feeling much, much better. In fact, I don’t remember ever hearing him sound
so upbeat. He really was in high spirits!
He still has that tremor but he has had that for a long time now.
He said that he had almost sold his box (before the good news) and in fact had a buyer lined up, but is back
playing a bit now again.
Dermot Byrne has loaned him a "light" box which he is finding easier to play and this box will accompany
him to India where he will spend the next six months or so.
Tony spends a lot of his time in India. It has to do with the climate and ambience, etc. Plus the fact that it
gets him away from Christmas in Ireland. Tony is not a fan of Christmas!
He is not getting any younger of course and will be 78 on his next birthday towards the end of next April.
The man is naturally slowing down but he has plans in the pipeline. Writing his memoirs is ongoing and will continue in India over the next six months. He also has plans to resume the "House Party" concerts with Steve Cooney.
As regards his CD of slow airs; it was to be a compilation of previously recorded material but now he is hopeful
that he may well add some newly recorded tracks to it.
So, it’s all good news!

Posted .