Willie Hunter Reel - Sean McGuire

Re: Willie Hunter Reel - Sean McGuire

Facebook is not allowing access to the video. Perhaps you can link to it by some other route.

Scutcher, that’s a totally different tune to the one in the video. I’m looking for it too 🙂

That doesn’t surprise me, Jim, since, like CMO, I couldn’t access the video.

However, if you scroll down and read the discussion …

Posted by .

Scutcher, yes, I see what you mean. I did that, but now I see some comments added after I first looked : might be “John Pottingers Compliments to the late Ronnie Cooper”.

Thanks.

Anyway, it’s strange that you and CMO can see the Facebook face (and both presumably are able to read the discussion, yet you can’t access the video.)

@harryt8 - I tried to record the video’s audio in Audacity, with the intention of slowing if down and transcribing it, but I can’t get the record function to work. Some hardware / software setup issue, I guess :(

“Anyway, it’s strange that you and CMO can see the Facebook face (and both presumably are able to read the discussion, yet you can’t access the video.)”

What discussion?

I’ll see if I can download the video from Facebook.
Not being able to view it could mean you have to be a “member” of the Facebook Fiddlers Group?
I’ve checked my access again and I can view directly from my link above. Strange eh?
I’ll keep you posted of progress.
Thank you gentlemen.
H.

Additional information gentlemen:
From the Facebook discussion two people have identified it as:
“ John Pottingers Compliments to the late Ronnie Cooper”.
I’ll Google this and see what turns up.
H.

Sean Maguire has this as the second tune on Track 14 of his “A Man Apart” recording and it is titled “Willie Hunter Reel”. So it may be a reel he heard Willie Hunter play, that is called “John Pottinger’s…..etc”.
I can listen to it on Spotify, however I don’t know how to download it to my HD for slowing down.
Have asked Alex K if he can send me the mp4. I seem unable to copy or share it from Facebook.
Any further advice or thoughts?
Thanks.
H.

I’ve written down the A part. Now I’m having lunch, then I’ll do the B part. What instrument do you play?

Nigel,
You’re a scholar and a gentlemen.
Thank you for doing this transcription.
This is very much appreciated.
I play fiddle and mandolin.
My direct email is: 25johndale@gmail.com
Harry