Freeman tweaked Generation

Freeman tweaked Generation

I was wondering whether any one else has had this problem. I receieved my first eagerly awaited Freman tweaked D generation, and it played great for about a week. Then I picked it up, and it sounded weak and breathy, far more so than my Dixon whistles. Ever since then it has not really been usable. Any thoughts?

Re: Freeman tweaked Generation

Mine is still going strong after two years. I would contact Jerry.

It could be a cleaning issue. Or, alternatively something could have come unstuck. Jerry stands 100 per cent behind his work, so firstly contact him and be guided by him.

I would second Postie’s cleaning angle - I have a couple of Freemans (not that it’s limited to Freemans) and get a similar choked-off effect intermittently when things get clogged by, er, "moisture," so my first thought would be to take off the head and look in both the windway and the body to see if something more permanent has gotten stuck in there. Good luck!

Since Jerry often glues small plastic bits inside the head as part of his ‘tweak’ caution is advised. Soak first. Then a bright light and the gentle use of an inter-dental brush to remove any ‘goo’ may be the solution to your problem.

Cover all the holes and give it a good blow?

Posted .

I own several of Jerry’s whistles, and the only ones I’ve had this happen with are the Blackbirds. I agree, a good cleaning is probably in order, and will remedy the situation. If that doesn’t work, contact Jerry. I’m sure he’d be happy to help you out. He does indeed stand behind his work and is great to deal with.