Feature idea: Other tunes by this title?

Feature idea: Other tunes by this title?

Jeremy, would it be feasible to add a function to thesession.org in which links could be shown to other tunes in the database which share a tune title with the one currently in view? I’m envisioning something like the "A tune by this name has been recorded together with…" function.

I was looking at the slip jig Boys of Ballisodare, and added a comment to link to the reel, then had the thought that this could be an easy fix at the page-build level.

It could get complicated for tunes with very common names like Paddy Fahy’s or tunes with many titles, but even so, it would provide a programmatic means for interlinking the tunes rather than requiring a separate tune search. Do other users think it would be a worthwhile feature?

Re: Feature idea: Other tunes by this title?

Well, that’s kind of what the search functionality does: when you see the search results, you can see how many tunes have that title.

Still, I could imagine on the tune page, showing a link like "There are 10 other tunes with this title" …and having that link to the search results for that tune title.

Re: Feature idea: Other tunes by this title?

Yes, that’s what I was thinking of! I love the way you’ve designed the search results page to show tune type and alternate title as differentiating characteristics — "Boys Of Ballisodare (The Dublin Lasses) REEL", etc. — and any new functionality could probably leverage the same functions.