FESTIVUS! It’s Time for The Traditional Airing of Grievances

FESTIVUS! It’s Time for The Traditional Airing of Grievances

Happy Festivus, everyone!

Pending the traditional Feats of Strength, I now commence the Airing of Grievances.

1.) Somebody took almost all the Paddy Glackin stuff off of Spotify.

2.) I tried to buy the new recording from one of my favorite fiddlers, Brid Harper, but it’s only available if I pay in Monopoly money. Or "euros," they call it. Whatever.

3.) "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," sung as a happy, uptempo song of Christmas cheer. I mean, seriously.

4.) People who don’t know any Mel Torme except for "The Christmas Song." That dude could rock the house back in the day.

5.) Darcy Noonan hasn’t released a CD yet (that I can find, anyway), and that’s a shame. Terrific fiddle player.

6.) It’s been ten years since the last James Kelly CD.

7.) Wonderful LA area player Kevin Crehan’s CD, ""An Bhábóg sa Bhádóg"" is out of print. Cannot find a copy. Would totally love to download it from some pay site. WHAT IS THIS, THE DARK AGES?!?!?

Re: FESTIVUS! It’s Time for The Traditional Airing of Grievances

Well, I can remember Mel Torme and his song ‘Prelude to a Piss’. I fear that he was a heavy drinker :)

Airing of grievances time?

Sorry. I got nuthin’. All good here. I’ve grand tunes here in my local every Wednesday. Five minute walk a couple of weeks ago for tunes with Mick McGoldrick, Paul Kelly and the bauld Tony Byrne. Mighty. Lovely reunion tunes with a big bunch of pals on Monday. Hopping. Great sessions any night of the week. And most afternoons too. I’m spoiled. :)

Jason, just get out your festivus pole, and gather your family around it. After the feats of strength, you’ll feel better…

And if you want airing of grievances, simply try these links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Athesession.org+scales+and+arpeggios&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:thesession.org+sheet+music
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:thesession.org+session+is+a+performance
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:thesession.org+noodling

Have a merry Christmas, my friend

I protest at the seeming belief of craft breweries that I actually want to drink beer that seems to be imbued with unguents of the bordello.

I also protest at the way A Fairytale Of New York - a markedly rousing ballad of gilded despair, great tune and all - creeps listlessly out of the sound systems of supermarkets in the run-up, making one’s flesh crawl. One imagines this or that kiddie saying, "Mammy, Mammy, woff a louvy faggot..?" Not inspiriting.

Yes Nicholas! Too many so-called "craft" breweries over-hop their beers, just to be different. I want a beer I can keep on drinking, and still play …

I have gotten all the grievances out of my system—I don’t have as much time on this planet as I once did, and I prefer to spend that time finding joy. Happy holidays to all, however you may celebrate them!

Was there ever any doubt?
#1 for 2015 was The Drone News Awards.

They achieved a new level of zero.

:-D

Posted by .

regarding the craft beer complaints - yes Yes YES! You wanna impress me with your craft brewing skills? Make a pilsner that’s as good as great Czech, Bavarian, or Austrian Pilsner. You know, where the quality of the malt, water, yeast, fermenation, and aging process are given just as much consideration, often more, than the hops. Hops are a preservative first, flavoring second. You’re going arse about face putting soooo much emphasis on the effin hops.

Well, it meets the exacting standards of Fuller’s Golden Pride, I’ll stop playing my fiddle :)