Tee-Shirts!

Tee-Shirts!

As I live out in the Australian bush, away from society, I’m generally speaking, a shabby dresser and happy with it. But I soon need to buy some new clothes. I’ve always had the same taste in fashion, i.e., jeans boots and tee-shirts. But when I venture out into society, though being disinclined to want to speak directly to people, I’ve also always been a man to want to wear my heart on my sleeve (or perhaps on my chest) and having limited love of most things this has so far limited me to only wearing tee-shirts with any form of Guinness logo. But…
A few months back there was an idea proposed for Jeremy (perhaps via any autistically minded member of our community) to create a fund raising ‘Sessions tee-shirt’ to be sold to our fraternity. So I have two questions:-
(A). Can this happen? (BECAUSE I WANT ONE!). And/or (B), does anybody know of any good tee-shirts with (preferably) fiddle emblems, or any such related Irish or Scottish musical motifs that I would feel proud to wear?

Re: Tee-Shirts!

Hi Gobby
I’ve been getting Willie Clancy tee shirts when I’ve been over the last couple of years
They may be available, and I see there are a couple of music related ones, via celtictshirt.ie
There must be tee shirts over, remaindered, but I don’t know what they do with them
But i don’t know about fidil tees (or is that fiddle dee dee)
Slainte, Greg

Wow, those replies were quick. There’s usually nobody on line for me about this time of the day. Thanks Greg and John. I”ll check both of those out.

Come on your an artist. Go see your nearest T shirt motif designer. Design your own and send me one,
then you won’t feel like Robinson Crusoe I am in SA

Uilleann pipes, fiddle I am not fussy. Grab a pic of the net.

Theres a great festival at Francis 26th…… Feb on the SA/VIC border, knock some up and sell them at the fest

Bryan

Posted .

Yeah Brian, that’s kind of what I was hoping for with ‘The Session" tee-shirts. And as frustrating as it feels to me, I was once a promising artist myself. But that was 40 years ago, and then I went to art school and completed an art diploma which has rendered me forever artistically challenged. That’s why I want somebody else to do it. I realised through that experience that education is not only not art, but squashes it. That’s why I refuse to have a fiddle teacher. I do bloody fine by myself. I’d love to go to your festival but I’m two thirds blind at the moment and waiting for an operation, so I can’t drive. Maybe next year!

I got four of those cafe press t-shirts for Christmas. Just waiting for the weather to get warm now.

Meanwhile callison I’m busting for it to cool down. But yes, that link looks good and the responses so far have been brilliant.

I don’t mind that one melmo, as I also play whistles. But I didn’t realise that women have different tee-shirts than men. I mean, (well I don’t get around much but..) most of our local men seem to me to have bigger boobs and bellies on them than a pregnant woman and they wear men’s sizes. And quite often my female friend, who is much smaller than I am, has worn my tee-shirts (and she undoubtedly looks much nicer in them than I do!). If they don’t make them in women’s sizes, that’s a bit sexist isn’t it? That makes me hesitate to put one on my shopping list.

Mike O’Connor runs the tee-shirt shop in Lahinch, Co Clare. All of the design and printing is done in-house. Mike is a lovely piano player and is a great asset to the musical community. His daughter Tess is involved in Aloe Vera, the health food shop in Ennistymon, and is a fine mandolin player and singer (Los Paddies de las Pampas).

There are no better people to support than Mike and his family. I have no connection with either shop and I haven’t seen Mike or Tess in a while.

http://celtictshirts.ie/store/men-s/sorted-by-style/mens-t-shirts/men-s-t-shirt-lahinch-detail#.Vq8bmSlubII

http://michaeloconnor.ie/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=6&Itemid=15

http://michaeloconnor.ie/index.php/biography

Hi Gobby
You are on the right track I did a music teaching degree. So I got bogged down with theory. I now work hard at
getting the feel. All the best with the eye ops Have a mate just had an operation. One eye is now perfect and there working on the other.
Bryan

Posted .

Cheers Brian. Maybe I’ll catch up with you at the next fest. And thanks David. That’s exactly the kind of obscure link I was hoping for (i.e., not too commercial). There are a few that I like there and I’ll do some shopping with them in the morning.

Have you looked at Custom Ink? They have a very easy design feature. You can create anything and have them printed.

http://www.customink.com

my favourite "music t-shirt" (mended so often that I can’t really wear it in public…. except for sessions) was designed by a friend and printed at a local shop. It had a few strokes and dots for a flute and said "diddley serious"….. 🙂

Had some other designs, too but I don’t think we still have the vector graphics to share ….. but if anyone wants to take up the idea to create fundraising t-shirts: I’ll buy one!

And you can make it "diddly" for scottish music, too 😉

Posted by .

I loved the "FKEC - The Irish Connection", when they were around 🙂

Check out The Reverend here on this forum; he sells lots of trad-music related stuff.
Also, here in the UK, Hedingham Fair do a lot of folk-music-related t-shirts and sweats.

Thanks everyone. Lots of good info there. I do all my shopping on line, which is why I asked, and I’ve put the links into my ‘shopping file’, though I’ll visit a couple immediately. That will keep me topped up with personalised ‘going out’ tee shirts for a few years.

@Gobby: It’s more about fit and style than whether they actually fit. What defines as "women’s Tees" usually mean they are more form fitting. I could get a Small Men’s size but I like the esthetic fit of a woman’s T. No matter though. If I really wanted it I could just message the maker and see if they will print one for women.

On a different note I do find that the Banjo T-shirts have funny slogans though. Might need to get one for a friend.

Posted by .

"It’s more about fit and style" … That’s probably why I didn’t know these things melmo - I have absolutely no sense of style (don’t own a comb, put on the first two socks I come across, regardless of colours etc…), and off-the-peg stuff nearly always fits me (near enough).