Paddy Fahy’s jig

Paddy Fahy’s jig

Back again, Having a musical morning on YTube. Have discovered a nice band, called……..The Fiddle Case. Co Clare, I believe. Quentin Cooper on Banjo. Adam Shapiro on fiddle. First tune of jig set Kit O’Mahoney’s followed by The Nightingale jig, and then Paddy Fahy’s Jig…………..Please someone ID which Paddy Fay’s jig, by ear if possible. So many. Kind regards from Jan Murray

Re: Paddy Fahy’s jig

Not sure if I understand your question. Paddy Fahy’s tunes are all called Paddy Fahy’s
Are you looking for the dots/ABC?
Can you pop in the link to the Youtube video.

Found the video
When I do an ABC search for the notes of that tune it comes up with "Page removed" from the session website
Not sure what the story is

Hi Donough, I get that page removed too. I just go back and start again, and it works. I think. How do I link the video to here.? I am not as clever on this computer stuff. Need help. I was hoping someone would find the video on Ytube, under the band title The fiddle Case, and be able to identify which Paddy Fahy’s jig. it is. The reel on the clip is The Famous Ballimote Reel. Maybe I should post a question on Ytube clip. Thanks Jan

Hi, Joe and Adele, still trying to master the concertina. Have purchased the book. Trip to Sligo, and have found an un-named reel. The torture continues, lol………Nearest I can get to it is Eel in the sink. reel. Took me 3 days to dig it out of the memory bank. Thank you for replying to my morning quest.. Very hot over here at the moment. We need snow and a warm fire to play beside. lol. Paddy Fahy, must be a character. I know a cello maker who refuses to label his cellos. There is a sneaky little carving at the heel of the peg box, Peace sign. I wonder if he has some Irish in him. lol Thanks again, happy playing. Jan

Hi ! Joe and Adele - And I Hope you’s are Very well, and playing lots of music…
All the very best to you Both.. xo - jim,,, f4

Thanks Joe and Adele, for your take on the tune. Big hello to Jim FIDDLE4. Hope you all are well and enjoying the sessions. Jan

Goodness! We just popped out to the shops and have come back to a hive of activity! Best wishes with your music and concertina playing Jan! Nice to hear from you too Jim! Hope you are well and playing lots of tunes! Thanks also Cheeky Elf for sharing our clip! We love Paddy Fahey’s tunes! Joe and Adele.

I thought Dulahan had posted that video clip, Thank you Cheeky Elf, I love their music, and Paddy Fahey’s tunes too. To everyone who has contributed, a big thank you. Jan

As mentioned above, all Paddy Fahy’s compositions seem to have simply been named after him and given a number. I don’t know if the collection is complete, but there are .pdf files with dots to 12 jigs, 29 reels, and 2 hornpipes attributed to him at http://www.rudemex.co.uk/Tune%20library/Single-line%20tunes/ . Hope useful.

Posted by .

Thanks Bazza that is a useful link

Thanks Bazza. That is a very comprehensive list of tunes. Thanks for posting. Jan

Hi Just to add something —There is a Jig on Tune page abc search PADDY FAHYS jig and it does not match any of the 11 jigs on the Rudemex site. There are Paddy Fahy jigs on that site from 1 to 12 but no No 7 .I wonder if this is the missing one??

further to above comment , I went back to abc tune search to check something and a totally different Paddy Fahy jig appeared so don’t know whats going on. On the print out that I took it says " Found in Paddy _Fahys’_Jig_1.abc from John Chambers abc collection." . Tried to search Chambers without any luck. A version of the one I have is in Henry Norbecs as 309 with the same first part but a totally different second part.