What Old Blind Dogs CD Should I Get?

What Old Blind Dogs CD Should I Get?

Hi All,

Just heard Old Blind Dogs on Pandora. I’d like to listen to more. Any recommendations on their best CD?

Thanks,
Larry

Re: What Old Blind Dogs CD Should I Get?

Depends on what you’re looking for? Kenny’s suggestion of "Five" is great, I’m also a huge fan of "Fit?" — https://thesession.org/recordings/655 . For more songs than tunes, "Legacy" and "Close to the Bone". For more out there tunes and great songs, "The World’s Room".

their Cajun version of ‘Back o’ Bennachie’ is a cracker. can’t remember what cd its on

My favorite is probably "The Gab O Mey." But I also Like "Fit" and "Four On the Floor."

David E.

That narrows it down a bit. Thanks for your input.

Personally, I think they were at their absolute best during the Campbell/Jennings era (Warld’s Room/Fit/Gab o Mey), but they’ve never not been a great band. You don’t really notice how many tunes they’ve propelled into the limelight over the years.

Posted by .

Oooo, just checked and it looks like all the albums are available as MP3s on Amazon (and presumably elsewhere) these days. That’s a huge improvement over the situation a decade ago, where only the Jim Malcolm era CDs were readily available. (Same as the Campbell/Jennings era mentioned above, but the way I think of it.)