Help - tune recognition

Help - tune recognition

Need a hand to identify the first tune in this video. I think the information posted with the video isn’t entirely correct. It gives 3 tunes names, Hugh Gillespie’s No, 2, The Baker’s reel, and Mark O’Connor’s.. The second, (and last tune) is Mark O’Connor’s. As far as I can tell, beforehand she plays just one reel which I’ve looked for on here and can’t find, and searching on google doesn’t turn up anything that vaguely resembles it either. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-n35fhuaEI

Re: Help - tune recognition

College Groves I think.

Don’t think so, Richard - it’s certainly not "The College Groves" that I know, which has 4 parts. Her first reel only has 3. I think it might be the version of "Mother’s Delight" which was recorded by "Altan", but I need to check that. Actually, the first and third parts sound to me like parts of "Colonel Fraser", but played with the "F’s" natural.

Posted by .

I heard a little bit of everything, College Groves, Girl who broke my heart, Mother’s Delight and many more.

Considering it’s a three-parter with moving thirds - if I heard this in a session, I’d put my money on Ed Reavy or Paddy Fahy as the composer.