Sheet music needed

Sheet music needed

I’ve tried in vain to source the sheet music for the march, Miss Ann Mcnamara. I heard Wendy Mcisaac (I think it was) play it on a Cape Breton CD on Spotify a while ago and it blew me away. Love to learn the tune, which is why I want the sheet music. Can anyone help?

Re: Sheet music needed

Welcome to thesession.org Alec.

Most fiddlers will learn a tune by ear, even if they can read notation as it seems to stick in the brain quicker if you learn by ear, so if you have any non-key-changing slow-down software that could be your first port of call. I have had a cursory search for the dots but couldn’t find any.
If you do a discussions search you will find many, many threads on the ear/notation debate and it has caused many an amusing falling out amongst sessioneers.

Good luck with it.

Thank you so much Donald K. You’ve made my day! This should help you too Geoff - and thanks for the good advice about the software. I have thought about that but a combo of listening to tracks and sheet music seems to work best for me.

Nice to see the Dan R tunes mentioned here, Alec. (I’ve spotted the Glencoe March in your set!). The Fiddle Music of Dan R MacDonald is available in two volumes - The Heather Hill Collection & The Trip to Windsor Collection. You can get both from Cameron Music Sales, Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, Canada.
P. S. You’re a man after my own heart. I love DanR’s tunes! All the best,Róisín.