Festival Celti’Cimes, Albiez - anyone been?

Festival Celti’Cimes, Albiez - anyone been?

Has anyone been to this festival: Celti’Cimes in Albiez, France? What do you think? Are there good sessions? How’s the camping or hostel? Is it hard to get to, I assume you have to drive up and down mountains (the alps) to get there.

http://www.celticimes.org/celticimes-2016/

Re: Festival Celti’Cimes, Albiez - anyone been?

Tocane is on 17th - 20 July and Celticimes is on 16th - 22 July. The same time. I’m wondering if most of the French Irish trad. enthusiasts choose to go to Tocane. We’ve been to Tocane a few years ago and had a great time. Good sessions

Purists and french itm hardcore will go to Tocane I can tell. Celticimes brings more young people. Depend on what you are looking for.

Posted by .

French ITM hardcore and purists sounds about right for us. We are most interested in playing in sessions. Thanks Ralex.

I have been many time in Albiez and I have to say it’s a great place to be. I’m not sure about "purists" in Tocane and "young" in Albiez. It is almost a geographical question (Tocane is in the west part, Albiez in the east…).

they book a hotel for the festival (around 20€/night) or you can choose the camping (free).

This festival is very nice for workshops, concerts, sessions, and nice walks in the mountains, or chilling near the lake.

The Albiez team is looking for different dates but very hard.
I’ll definitely go to Albiez.

Thanks Damgrenier - we’ll fly to CDG, hire a FIAT 500, and make a road trip down to Tocane, then back up to Normandy. We’ll just travel light and take the tent, sleeping bags, fiddle and flute.