Paddy Fahy’s Reel No’s ID Please - on Eileen O’Brien’s CD "Fiddlers Choice" Tk 2

Paddy Fahy’s Reel No’s ID Please - on Eileen O’Brien’s CD "Fiddlers Choice" Tk 2

Hi, I would like to find the two Paddy Fahy’s reel no’s (preferably the no’s used in the session.org) as played by Eileen O’Brien on Track 2 of her CD, The Fiddlers Choice. She thanked Patsy Broderick (pianist) in the sleeve notes for passing on the tunes to her. I am keen to get the notes, either notation or ABC’s, if anyone can point me in the direction. Thanks MB

Re: Paddy Fahy’s Reel No’s ID Please - on Eileen O’Brien’s CD "Fiddlers Choice" Tk 2

Thanks for that, Dougal - appreciated. M

Re: Paddy Fahy’s Reel No’s ID Please - on Eileen O’Brien’s CD "Fiddlers Choice" Tk 2

29 reels, 12 jigs, and 2 hornpipes of notated Paddy Fahy compositions can be found as .PDFs in the ‘Tune Library’ pages of the Rude Mechanicals’ website (www.rudemex.co.uk).

Posted by .

Thanks Bazza, Just saw your post now. I haven’t heard of that website before, but I will have a look and will confirm if I can identify the 2nd tune. They’re a lovely set. M

Just to close this query off, a friend of mine, Dorus, has identified the 2nd tune as Reel No. 27 in the appendix of Maria Holohan’s UL M.A. thesis on Paddy Fahey written in 1996. MB