FS: Infinite Strings Violin(Sound Sample)

FS: Infinite Strings Violin(Sound Sample)

I’ve decided to sell my fiddle, as I have found a new instrument that has me interested, and no longer have any use for this. This has been my main instrument since I purchased it in 2014, and has been the best instrument I ever owned. I paid $1400 CAD for it, would like to get some of that back. I’ve listed it on Ebay, if someone here is interested and does not want to go through Ebay, send me a message and we can figure something out.

Link to Auction: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=252618567793

Sound Sample. Yes it is classical playing, but that is the best way to gauge the tone of the instrument in my opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkMsSutbmU

Re: FS: Infinite Strings Violin(Sound Sample)

Nothing against classical, but….

Should we not feel a little insulted that you wouldn’t throw down a tune or two?

Posted by .

"Should we not feel a little insulted that you wouldn’t throw down a tune or two?"

Er …sorry … it’s about the sound of the instrument. A "tune or two" would only scratch the surface (no pun intended).

:)

@KheltonHeadley - I like the sound there. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble selling it and getting a decent price.

Nice fiddle for the asking price.

Thank you for a few moments of Brahms et al, and certainly that is a more complete way to show what it can do. Strings and bow affect that too, but it’s a sweet sounding instrument.

I would however - or in addition - have to think that for the ears of people accustomed to mostly Irish/other fiddling - then that’s what they relate to. Very different auditory expectations, so the idea of playing a tune or 2 is not a bad one. Just sayin’ … :)

"Er …sorry … it’s about the sound of the instrument. A "tune or two" would only scratch the surface (no pun intended)."

Are there many classical players frequenting the mustard board who would appreciate such a demonstration? Silly me, I thought mainly trad players frequented this place.

Posted by .

<Are there many…>

Many here? No. Some? Yes, and who play both.

<…who would appreciate such…> I do, and did. I wouldn’t have asked for it here, but it lets the instrument "speak" more.

<Silly me, I thought mainly trad players frequented this place.>

They do indeed! Context of the post was a sale, not a new tune version. :)

You know…the remarks are a bit moot, as the OP already had the fiddle recorded and advertised and was just sending a link to that. However Aaron, if you are unsure of the fiddle’s capabilities from the style of music demonstrated, perhaps Khelton could be so kind as to send you a personal sound clip to help you out. I’m sure he would want you to know absolutely whether it can play jigs and reels in true Trad sound. ;)

Sorry… couldn’t resist the tit for tat.