Garvey Accordions

Garvey Accordions

Can anyone give me some input on Sean Garvey accordions. I am looking at the TAM3 and TAM2 models. I know the student models are made in China but I think the TAM models are made in Italy. Does anyone play one and are you happy with it. Thanks.

Re: Garvey Accordions

I bought a Garvey AAA B/C accordion last week and I’m delighted with it. I sold a Hohner black spot to raise some of the money but find the Garvey MUCH easier to play. The buttons don’t have to be pressed down so far and if feels as though the buttons are slightly closer too.

I bought a Garvey AAA B/C a year ago and I love it. It may be classed as a student model but it sounds and plays really well. Like johnperrins says above the buttons only depress to the level of the finger board and they have a hard stop behind them. this makes triplets and rolls easier to play. I had a Scarlatti before that but didnt get on with it because the buttons depressed inside the fingerboard.

I have a Garvey AAA. I’m very pleased with my accordion, and at this stage, I wouldn’t trade it for any other.

Posted by .