Great films with the Music

Great films with the Music

Sparked by the Books for ITM discussion:-

Are there any great feature films(/movies) that have the Music?

Cheers!

Re: Great films with the Music

The Secret of Roan Inish

Waking Ned, Shipping News

If you do a search of Discussions on this site using "film" or "cinema", it will reveal several related discussions over the years . Mind you, it won’t be confined to *great* movies. Some time back I compiled just such a list, but now I can’t find it. However, between previous discussion threads and this one, I’m sure you’ll find most of them.

One I recently ran across: Brooklyn (2015).

Titanic and no not the theme song but the music from "down below" including Ryan’s.

theres a couple of Kerry polkas in the wedding scene of Ryans Daughter if anyone can find it

Jimmy’s Hall has a few nice scenes, including Harry Bradley, a piccolo and an International melodeon.

Also the Road to Perdition has John Williams and some other musicians I think though it’s been years since I watched.

Posted by .

The film Brooklyn (which Tracie mentioned) features John Carty (possibly with At the Racket, at some point there was a saxophone player) and Iarla Ó Lionáird. And I wonder there wasn’t a sample from the Tony MacMahon/Noel Hill album (I think I heard the final bars from their Templehouse reel).

O’Donoghue’s Opera.

Posted by .

Tracie!

You win - haha!

Thanks so much all!