Recordings “comments”…. or lack of

Recordings “comments”…. or lack of

This is a polite request for anyone posting a recording in the "Recordings" section here to add some information - a) - about the performer/s
- b) - instruments involved
- c) - why you posted it. Is it any good ?
The latest 4 recordings posted have no information at all. Presumably anyone taking the time to post a recording must have some opinion on it - so why not share it ? Please.
Thank you. Kenny

Posted by .

Re: Recordings “comments”…. or lack of

Amen to that. It also goes for tune settings - I can’t count the amount of times I came across a particularly nice setting of some tune and would love to know a bit about where it came from, but the submitter gives no useful information.

Thank you Kenny. I completely agree with you.

Chris B.

Perhaps you could make it a required field when submitting, would be helpful indeed.

The latest 5 plus the 7th - - - The most recent five additions to ‘Recordings’ were submitted without comment…

1. ) Added by thooom_sb ~ January 9th, 2017
2. ) Added by Torc ~ January 9th, 2017
3. ) Added by Torc ~ January 9th, 2017
4. ) Added by MarcusDisessa ~ January 8th, 2017
5. ) Added by Akira M. ~ January 3rd, 2017

6. ) The sixth was "Moving Hearts" and submitted, with the usual welcomed and informative comment, by Kenny himself ~ December 31st, 2016

7. ) No comment - Added by G.Ryckeboer ~ December 31st, 2016

There has been occasions where I’ve forgotten to return to a submission and make comment, but when ‘reminded’, I readily have, and I do try to remember to add something useful, including any links that might also be relevant… Comment adds value to a submission, which I appreciate and generally find interesting and useful… More than once it has perked my interest and helped me chase up a listen, including just now.

While I agree it would be nice if people added comments with their recordings submissions, it’s important to acknowledge that just submitting the recording track listing is very much appreciated. People are spending their valuable time adding to the site. I, for one, am very grateful.

Yes, some more comments would be good, but I really don’t want to put people off submitting recordings (which is what I’m worried the comments above might well do). If people come away from this discussion thinking it better not to submit a recording at all unless they can think of a comment to go with it, that would be a terrible shame.

KheltonHeadley said:
"Perhaps you could make it a required field when submitting, would be helpful indeed."

It is *not* required.

To everyone who has ever submitted a recording track listing, with or without a comment, thank you very much indeed. Please keep it up, and please don’t be put off.

Ceolachan wrote:
"The most recent five additions to ‘Recordings’ were submitted without comment…
1. ) Added by thooom_sb ~ January 9th, 2017
2. ) Added by Torc ~ January 9th, 2017
3. ) Added by Torc ~ January 9th, 2017
4. ) Added by MarcusDisessa ~ January 8th, 2017
5. ) Added by Akira M. ~ January 3rd, 2017 "

Thank you, thoom_sb.
Thank you, Torc.
Thank you, MarcusDisessa.
Thank you Akira M.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to add those recordings.

Re: Recordings ~ track lists

Cheers, Jeremy!

I appreciate comments with submissions in the Tunes category. But for the Recordings I apprerciate
even more when the first person posting doesn’t feel compelled to comment (at least not ASAP).
I know the track listings don’t always jive w/what is on the recording. So, personally I apprerciate recording submissions which strive to provide a good map for what is on the recording; first & foremost. If additional comments come later I can be very patient & appreciative when they do get posted.

In fact (when it comes to music) I am beginning to appreciate patience now more than I ever did.

;)

Posted by .

I would go a step further and ask for more comments on recordings in general. Hear some thing new and it grabs you? Talk it up! Hear something for the millionth time and think, "What a classic!" Talk it up! Discover some rare gem you never heard of before? Definitely talk it up! I can’t be the only one around here that is always on the lookout for some good recommendation.

If you know where to hear any albums that have been added, please do add that to comments. Even if it’s just a link to iTunes or Amazon samples.

Especially relevant if you’re submitting an album by "Various Artists"…

"Who are “Various Artists”?" — June 13th 2013
https://thesession.org/discussions/32023

Thanks for this. I added comments to my 2nd most recent purchase and the recording for my latest.