Rucksack Cover For Guitar Case

Rucksack Cover For Guitar Case

Im looking for a cover / bag for over my guitar case. Something like the Bam hoodie which seems to only be available for classical guitar cases. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Re: Rucksack Cover For Guitar Case

I don’t want to hijack your threadJohn, but it seems the opportune time to ask (and I’ve never heard of these things before), does anybody know if they make similar things for violin cases?

Posted by .

Surely a small rucksack would do the job for a violin case?

Well mine are either too big or two small. I guess I could find one, but I was thinking somebody may make some kind of backpack-harness to fit around a case. Maybe I could make one myself.

Posted by .

In the late 80’s I obtained a guitar case cover from Tough Traveler that has protected the case of my Taylor 810 rather well. I don’t believe they make them anymore but you could always ask. Colorado Case (link above) has nice products, a friend of mine has an insulated case cover for his guitar and it’s rather nice. Another company who’s a favorite among wind and brass players is Altieri (https://www.altieribags.com/index.html). My daughter has an insulated case cover for her bass clarinet case, very nice case. They also do guitars.

As for violin, Colorado Case and Altieri both make case covers for violin cases.

Try www.backaxe.com
Very strong about £35.00
I have couple for banjo / guitar
They make various sizes including fiddle
Let’s you backpack a good hardcase rather than gig bag - I even permanently fixed one to my banjo flight case and if survives the baggage handlers ( so far anyway

Posted by .

Gobby, check out Joey violin covers/cases. They make both an oblong and a dart version of what you are seeking. Haven’t tried it myself since I have no desire to fuss with extra layers of things myself. A guy I know who does a lot of gigging and festivals swears by his. Says it is super easy to carry, especially when walking a ton as seems to happen in those scenarios. Helps a lot with staying relaxed and avoiding back pain and keeping hands limber etc.

Posted by .

Cheers Aaron. Yes, I’ll check them out. I tend to travel very lightly with a small backpack and my fiddle (in my hands), but I’d prefer it to be the other way around.

Posted by .

Thanks mate.

Posted by .

Colorado Case makes quite the variety of cases. You can get a soft case to cover your guitar case, an insulate soft case for you guitar alone, as well as a solid, travel case for when the airline loaders throw things around.

They also do embroidery designs on your case, with a huge selection of designs.

I bought a hard fiddle case from the then best fiddle maker in Belfast. He told me it would last me a lifetime. (it hasn’t: no criticism, nothing lasts for ever). When i mentioned this to the current best fiddle maker in Belfast he thought for a moment and said: "He didn’t think you would live this long".