Seamus O’Kane Bodhrans

Seamus O’Kane Bodhrans

I just received a brand new bodhran from the famous Seamus O’Kane,if anybody out there is thinking of getting one from him YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. I can’t believe how good it sounds. I have two other bodhrans from different makers and I have something to compare there sounds. I’m not going to say anyone is better than this one or that one,I’m happy with all of them. This post is only my opinion and a post for someone that may help them make a decision to get an O’KANE bodhran.
All The Best
Pat

Re: Seamus O’Kane Bodhrans

Well, Pat…

Since nobody else has congratulated your taste and discretion, allow me to be the first. I’ve known Seamus 15 years and his bodhrans quite simply do everything that bodhrans are supposed to do - brilliantly. You can buy more expensive drums, and you can buy more decorative ‘better looking’ drums, but IMO you cannot buy a drum that is superior to Seamus’s work where it counts - the sound and the range. I’ve been playing the bodhran in excess of 20 years, and I’ve played drums made by dozens of folks, and nothing on this Earth has come close to the quality of my Seamus O’Kane drum from 2001. And he’s a gentleman with it.

Good on you!
m.d.

Re: Seamus O’Kane Bodhrans

Amen to that, my friend! Can’t say enough good things about mine, either. And what a grand person to deal with as he went out of his way to consider my particular issues and built me as fine a drum as you could ever want. Here’s to Seamus and his fine bodhrans!