Bowing styles volume 3 by David Lyth

Bowing styles volume 3 by David Lyth

This is now out, and can be downloaded free of charge along with the other two volumes at
http://davidhlyth.co.uk/

Posted by .

Re: Bowing styles volume 3 by David Lyth

Wow, I’d been seeking to buy these for ages but could never find any copies! And now here they are! This has made my day… Thank you

Hi David, thanks so much for these!

I bought the Vol 1 many years ago, and still have it. A little square blue book, packed with detail.

As are the other two, too.

Thanks very much, great stuff. Cheers

Thank you so much for these!

Another vote of thanks - this is most generous.

Thanks so much for your generosity here, David. Have always loved the Sligo fiddling, I can play anything they put on the 78s. Years ago Kevin Burke let me parse his copy of Vol. 1, later on I got a copy on loan from the library and duplicated it by hand; it’s great to have something cleaner, as well as having the other volumes. Back when I put up all the unreissued Coleman/Morrison/Killoran (and many other artists’) recordings at archive.org, to bring peoples’ attention to these wonderful musicians.

This is fascinating. Finally got a chance to read through it, just going through Part 1 now and having a look at Coleman’s bowings. It’s insane looking at some of those slurs that cover up to 8 notes! He really was a fiddle genius, really left no stone unturned when it came to different ways to slur and ornament a passage.

That said, all these classic fiddlers were prodigies in their own right. It’s nice to see some of the mystery unlocked, but as Lyth says himself, accurate transcriptions will never truly capture or understand the secrets of these greats. :)

That’s really great - thank you so much!

Thank you for sharing your work with us, Mr. Lyth.

Thanks! Hard to find these, especially v. 1

Thank you for these!
Alex.