Best music in Dublin?

Best music in Dublin?

I am visiting Ireland for the first time in June. My wife and I have three nights free in Dublin. I would like some recommendations about the best places to hear some good traditional tunes on those nights. Many thanks!

Re: Best music in Dublin?

The cobblestone

"The cobblestone"

Gets my vote too.

The Cobblestone - absolutely!!!! If you go to the base url: https://thesession.org/ and go to the bottom of the page and start paging through the images a large portion of them will be from The Cobblestone. Likewise, there are a lot of YouTube videos from The Cobblestone as well.

You’ll find it very close to the Smithfield stop on the Luas (tram) red line. It’s up the opposite end of the big square from the tram stop.

Friday or Saturday night upstairs in Devitts on Camden St. is reliably great too.

Above all, stay the fark out of Temple Bar!

The Cobblestone it is! Thanks for the help, my wife and I are very excited for the trip. After Dublin, we are going to the Dingle Peninsula; I hear they have music in dingle too🙂.

If you have three nights you can do The Cobblestone, Devitt’s and Hughes Bar.

Posted by .

I followed the advice and enjoyed a session at the Cobblestone yesterday. There were probably only 6-7 people listening so we all sat by the 5 musicians and had a great time. Tomorrow we start walking the Dingle Way and we should be there on Wednesday.