Session Tune Sets

Session Tune Sets

As a member of Boston’s Original Slow Session (BOSS) I was recently able to obtain a copy of a new publication put out by CCE entitled "Foinn Seisiun" Session Tune Sets - Book 1 - 116 Irish Traditional Tunes arranged in 39 Sets. I strongly recommend it to one and all, especially if you are a learning session and like lively sets.
I found the sets as arranged in the book very helpful, especially if you are working on a smooth transition. For copies of the book

Re: Session Tune Sets

Hi Bob!

I think I figured out who has my copy of Na Connery’s. I’ll get it to you post -haste, once he gets it to me!

Zina

The Greenbriar session is something to behold, I’ve been to it a couple times. I’m glad Larry has created something to snuff out the elitism. One time when I went I was lucky enough to go on a night where both Paddy Cronin & Seamus Conneley showed up. They tried to play some sets together but it didn’t work out.

Following our slow session from 7-9 PM the regular session hosted by Larry and Mike Reynolds runs from about 9:15 until 1:00 AM and the attendance usually runs between 40 to 60 people. Depending upon whose in town Larry is usually able to get a fair attendance from some of the name players and Bill Black, Jimmy Hogan, Tommy Sherridan, Mike Connolly and others. Paddy Cronin is a round once in a while but Seamus is not around too often because of his BC commitments. Some time its a circus especially when everyone is on their second free drink ticket and their are too many solo singers.

But the craic is usually pretty good and Mike Reynolds can certainly crank out the tunes with that old box of his. Some times it even sounds like the Greenbriar Philharmonic!