First stop in Dingle?

First stop in Dingle?

I’ll be in Dingle for the first time on Wednesday. Any recommendations for my first music stop?

Re: First stop in Dingle?

The Courthouse pub.

I think dingle is small and nice enough you can wander around and take your pick.
My first stop is usually Flahertys as there is usually always music and usually end up in dick macs, but more for fun than music

I was there a few years back, I remember some good music in Benny Moriarty’s pub by the harbour -
he’s a good box player too

Head up the hill and check out An Droichead Beag for sessions, or next door at the pub appropriately named "The Mighty Session". Can’t go wrong!

Stop by the siopa ceol in the harbour.
Last time I was there, they were organising concerts 2 or 3 times a week.
The top players in town in any given week can be found there.

http://www.siopaceoil.ie/home.php?lang=english

down by the harbor to see if the regatta is going on.

Be sure to sample the berries. They are famous for them.

I would think you’d have to look in on Maaz O’Flaherty.

Check the schedule for Tunes in the Church. Find out where Eoin Duignan is playing.

Ditto on Maaz. She’s a hoot but her wee blue store is easy to miss!

Consider Ceann Tra as well, a few km down the road but usually good stuff going on as well.

I’m on a wait list for a concert at the Siopa Ceol. The owner talked to me for a bit yesterday, took a bodhran down and handed it to me. He then picked up an accordion and coached me through a reel while my wife watched in amazement. We went to three sessions last night and the one at the Courthouse was really something.

Nip into Garveys supermarket and pick up a free copy of West Kerry Live - it has a list of the venues in town and elsewhere and who’s likely to be playing at them. If none available there, the paper’s office is just a few steps up Goat Street on the left. The listings are not always totally accurate but you can get an idea of who’s around - so you’ll find them somewhere in the town. Stroll around the town around 7.30 ish and most places mentioned above have the musicians playing there on a chalk board outside. Most start playing around 9.30