Behind the Mist CD

Behind the Mist CD

I’m looking for a CD called Behind the Mist: Music from Conamaras’ Bog and Sea weeks. Does anyone have a copy they want to sell or who would be willing to send me the first track please?

Re: Behind the Mist CD

[ assuming it’s the same CD, of course ].

Posted by .

You misunderstood me, Kenny. Probably my fault. I would like a copy of the actual CD or, if someone is willing, an mp3 of the first track. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the link. That’s Davy’s pipe version of the tune from the CD, Forgotten Days, which I already have. But I’m interested in having that version he plays on low whistle on the first track of the Behind the Mist CD. I’ve not yet looked at transcriptions posted on the Session but if I could find the CD or that one track, I would probably transcribe Davy’s version for the web-site; I’m steadily working through Davy’s tunes. I checked Spotify too but haven’t looked at YouTube. I don’t hold out much hope in finding it there.

No Mike - you misunderstood me, and I apologise for not being clearer. I posted that link because you could possibly get in touch with the person who posted it - Aidan Crossey - and ask him to make you a copy of the track. He might even sell you the CD if he still has it. He also provided a contact address at the bottom of his post which might be worth trying . Don’t know whether or not Aidan’s still around. I hope so, as he used to be a regular poster here, but his last post was 6 years ago.
Hope this helps. Kenny

Posted by .

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. But as a result of your link I did actually send a message to Aidan asking if he could make a copy of the track and e-mail the contact address … so in a sense I did get your message🙂!! I did notice he hasn’t posted for a long time though. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

I managed to get a copy in Italy through eBay so I’m now waiting for that to arrive. Thanks for your help.