Tenor banjo 17 fret (20 3/4”) case

Tenor banjo 17 fret (20 3/4”) case

Hi to everyone! Could someone tell me where I can get a new one?
Thanks!

Re: Tenor banjo 17 fret (20 3/4”) case

Gold Tone make a decent hardshell case to fit 17 fret tenor banjos - I got one for a Vega Style M that I used to have.

You might check on eBay Spain - https://www.ebay.es/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.H0.Xbanjo+case.TRS0&_nkw=banjo+case&_sacat=0

You just want to check both the pot dimension and overall length. You want the pot dimension pretty close (but not too small, of course), so that it doesn’t rattle around.

I have hard cases for everything, but 95% of my travel is done with a gig bag, including international travel, because they’re easier to carry, easier to fit on airplanes, and airlines won’t make you check a gig bag, because they know they’ll break it. So you might just think about starting with a gig bag.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I have found some hardshell cases from Gold Tone, Deering and Clareen on internet, but I´m thinking about to buy a gig bag. Do you recommend me any particular brand?

You might find a mandola gigbag will be a good fit particularly if the banjo is open back (no resonator) and doesn’t have a long headstock. I keep one tenor in a Ritter mandola gigbag (RCG400) which is a nice design, though not particularly well-padded. Another tenor lives in a Warwick rockbag (20635B) - slightly larger, better padding, perhaps more useful pockets.

I suspect if you have a resonator these won’t work, because of the extra depth as much as the diameter.

I had a Warwick Rockbag for one of my old tenors several years ago and it was great - well padded, back pack straps, sturdy.

Thanks to everyone, I finally bought an used Gold Tone (short scale) hardshell case.
Kind regards!!!