trad sessions Birmingham uk

trad sessions Birmingham uk

I’ve just moved to Birmingham and looking for trad music sessions. Any suggestions?

Posted by .

Re: trad sessions Birmingham uk

Don’t know about your regular sessions but there’s this is a couple of months: https://www.birminghamtradfest.co.uk/

Bound to meet some locals who know the scene.

Ok thanks Donals. I’ll check it out.

Posted by .

No details on related session events on the website yet. A while ago I thought ‘d try learning the session list from bhamsesh thinking I might pop along in the not so distant. I started getting a few together before realising this is an American session not a UK one, back to the drawing board that was.

You’ll meet plenty of contacts at the Tradfest! I sometimes go to a fortnightly session in The Spotted Dog every other Monday- it was on last night although I didn’t get there, so the next one should be 21st August- although as it clashes with the All Ireland Fleadh may be a bit thin on the ground. The Spotted Dog is on the corner of Alcester/Warwick street, just off Digbeth by the Irish centre in the town centre. We have a session in Coventry every Tuesday night which I listed here- only half an hour away and very welcoming!

Thanks for this information. I will try to get to the Monday night one on 21st.

Posted by .