Sessions in Arran?

Re: Sessions in Arran?

You just missed me by a week. The Ormidale is still going. Starts around 9.30. Don’t know about the other one.

Posted by .

Sorry David - session starts at 9.00pm, not 9.30. It’s a small bar, so get there early. You’ll be made welcome. Stuart who hosts it used to play at our sessions in Aberdeen 20 years ago. Not sure who got the biggest surprise last Sunday night. We hadn’t seen each other in 15 years.

Posted by .

Thanks Kenny! It’s a pitty the session’s on a Sunday, I’ll be back on the mainland by then. I was hoping there would be one on Friday or Saturday.

I just left Inis Meáin yesterday. I was there for the weekend and ended up having an impromptu session with four other gentleman. It was a lot of fun, but it seemed the sessions there were a little more random then most of the sessions I’ve been to with standard start times. Typically just a couple locals and a couple travelers who happen to show up with instruments at the same time. The other islands could be different. Either way, Arran is a great place, enjoy your time there.

The OP was inquiring about the Scottish Isle of Arran, not the Irish Arran Isles! :)

Posted by .

:)

Boy is my face red…

The Aran Islands vs the Isle of Arran?

Is it on Arran or in Arran?
I think I prefer the former.