m4a file

m4a file

I have an m4a file of Hammy Hamilton playing his tune, "The Woodcock". I asked and he said to go ahead and post it on the session under current Woodcock submissions.

I have not worked with m4a files and could use some help in submitting the file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Connor

Re: m4a file

Upload it to a hosting web site such as Dropbox or Soundcloud, and then post a link to it in the appropriate tune Comments. Don’t forget to give "public" access to the file on the hosting site.

Usually one arrives at an .m4a file from iTunes. You can convert it to .mp3 on Windows machines by using the AIMP utility ( http://www.aimp.ru/ ).

Or on a Mac, you can covert it to an MP3 using Music Convertor or MediaHuman Convertor.

I can play m4a files on Windows 8.1. I don’t recall if I needed to update my player the first time I played an m4a on Windows. But it has been a few years and I never convert them.

Posted by .

VLC will play them as well.

Remember that the tune will need to be transcribed into ABC format to submit it to The Session. If you’re not familiar with writing out tunes in ABC, maybe somebody could help you. So if you post the m4a file somewhere (like Dropbox or Soundcloud as mentioned above), then people could have a go at transcribing it.

Thanks all for your help. I converted to mp3 using Audacity and will post it to Dropbox or Soundcloud. I have not used ABC format. Jeremy, when I post it to Dropbox or Soundcloud, can I then post the link to that on The Session?