Looking for pipers sessions in the Northwest (Donegal, Derry, Sligo, Leitrim)… Any pointers?

Looking for pipers sessions in the Northwest (Donegal, Derry, Sligo, Leitrim)… Any pointers?

Been learning the pipes for around 2 years but most of my experience of hearing live piping comes in the form of concerts in my local cultural centre (Letterkenny). While the gigs in there are fantastic, I’d like to get some session listening in. I have access to a camper van so I’m up for making the drive somewhere if I know there’s gonna be good piping. I know that some of the sessions listed in Donegal are different to their listing on here/a little out of date so I was wondering can anyone recommend any good pipers sessions. Cheers.

Re: Looking for pipers sessions in the Northwest (Donegal, Derry, Sligo, Leitrim)… Any pointers?

If you fancy going North there is the William Kennedy Piping Festival:
http://www.armaghpipers.org/wkpf/
Sile Friel is an amazing Glasgow based piper with Donegal connections. She may be able to help or point you in the right direction.
All the best,
Pat

Posted by .

Re: Looking for pipers sessions in the Northwest (Donegal, Derry, Sligo, Leitrim)… Any pointers?

Cheers Pat, will try make it up for that.