Catherine Ashcroft - album?

Catherine Ashcroft - album?

Hi everyone,

long-time lurker and first time poster - I’ve enjoyed the mustard board for some time so thought I’d chance my arm with a question and share some lovely playing I heard; quite by chance; on Youtube.

While cruising t’internet for tune-related entertainment, I came across Catherine Ashcroft and really enjoyed her playing of the UPs and whistle. I decided I’d like to hear some more and did a bit of research which suggested she’d made an album called Take Flight and Follow in 2008 but, try as I might, I can find no reference to it here or elsewhere.

I was wondering whether anyone had this album - or knew of a source where I may obtain it. The usual suspects for ITM have come up blank for me.

Not sure I can post links to Youtube here as, as mentioned, I’ve been a long-time lurker but said little … but, for anyone who may be interested in her playing, here’s the URL …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40YOU8ggJk

Hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Cheers
Chris

Re: Catherine Ashcroft - album?

I love her rendition of "King of the Pipers". After a little searching, I did turn up some of the Mochara releases but nothing of the Take Flight and Follow by Catherine Ashcroft.

http://mauricedickson.co.uk/shop/

FWIW - I just ordered all three of the Mochara albums. Something to listen to after the surgery on my right hand about 7 hours from now. I won’t be playing for a while but my ears still work!

Thanks for that, guys.
I’ve left a message on Catherine’s FB but will also try Maurice too.

Hope the hand comes on OK, Callison - and that you enjoy the albums while it mends.

Thanks Chris. I just returned from the surgery and the operation was less intense than anticipated. Instead of slicing and dicing and removing three bones from the wrist (PRC -proximal row carpectomy, one of the courses of action to treat a SLAC wrist [scaphoid-lunate advanced collapse]) the surgeon went in arthroscopically and dredged out all of the crud in the wrist joint left over from the ligaments that fragmented and "de-envervated" the joint by cutting two sensory nerves to reduce the pain. The end of the radius was probably trimmed a bit as well but I wasn’t told of what all was done. The upshot is that I’ll being playing some in less than a week. The downside is that I had pretty much the same surgery four years ago on my left wrist and the "repair" only lasted on year and then I had to get a PRC anyway and had to start all over again regaining former hand strength, speed etc. It could happen to the right too but with some luck, that eventuality will have been pushed back a few years.

The cd’s will probably take two or three weeks to cross the pond before I get to hear them. I have other cd’s to listen to though.