Tune title /Name this tune

Tune title /Name this tune

I’d quite like to see these requests in a band of their own on the site, as opposed to being in the Discussions section. Anyone with me on this? Thank you.
Sin a bhfuil /That’s all!

Re: Tune title /Name this tune

I disagree. Lots of unexpected discussion is generated from these requests. I always read them all out of interest. If people don’t want to read them it’s easy enough to just not do so.

Posted by .

Fair enough.
1 all.

I agree with Gobby. Apart from anything else, tune ID requests would be less fruitful if they were posted on their own board, since people would have to go there specifically to look for queries to answer. (This puts me in mind of car sharing networks - there are always far more people seeking lifts than offering them, simply because those that drive have no *need* to offer lifts, whilst those without a car do need lifts.)

I also enjoy looking at tune ID requests - if I can, I am happy to help (and, admittedly, feel a little bit smug at knowing something that someone else doesn’t - the inner child never grows up). If not, I get to hear a new tune.

Yes, I can relate to that’ inner child smugness’, and that’s another thing that I enjoy about those posts;- I have never yet beat somebody to post the right answer, but I enjoy the challenges and I anticipate celebrating in childish smugness on the day I win one (but not much chance of that with experts like Creadur on here here). But for me they are just like trying to do the crossword in the morning paper. And like the crossword, I also enjoy finally reading the answers. And to me, the overriding factor is that you never know where the associated discussions lead. It’s all educational to me.

Posted by .

2-1!
Thanks, Gobby. Thanks, Creadur.
I respect your opinions and hereby recant. Must dash! I need to learn that nice reel there …. now, what’s it called again.. .?

You don’t have to click on the link when you see "Tune ID" which is one of out last remaining privileges aroud here, and seeing as the title of this discussion is "Tune title/Name this Tune" you’re probably not going to get to many scores, you might be stuck on 1 for a while, at least until someone read this post, and the other inner child comes out.
3 - 1

3-1!
Won’t be needing extra time, penalty shoot out, or sudden death then!

I’ll make it 3-2.

I’d rather see a separate section devoted to tune title/ID requests, preferably with advice to use well-tried search engines before posting an enquiry (and to actually watch the Youtube video or read the comments on it before doing so).

Posted by .

"Lots of unexpected discussion is generated from these requests. I always read them all out of interest. If people don’t want to read them it’s easy enough to just not do so."

I agree with Gobby. I like the discussions, and I like the YouTube postings. Keep ‘em up.

Posted by .