Dave Sheridan’s flute?

Re: Dave Sheridan’s flute?

I’ve been in contact with Dave and he says it’s a Patrick Olwell late 2010

So a modern flute with the tuning slide almost fully closed in both clips. People were in shirt sleeves so it wasn’t cold. Does that tell us anything about the blowing style that acheives that tone?

No flute expert, but I think Olwells are just that way by design.

Posted by .

First, I sure would like to know the name of the first tune in the first video. It sound familiar but you know how that is.

And second…

I’ll bet dollars to donuts that Dave Sheridan has more to do with the sound of Dave Sheridan’s flute than the maker, as fine a maker as he may be.

The first tune I play as Redicans Mother from Jack Coen but this setting I think is better know as the Whinny Hills of Lietrim

Posted by .

I also got this first tune from Randal Bays as "Redican’s Mother". He taught it to me as a set with Humours of Kilkenny. The settings of Whinny Hills around here sound different (to what I learned) than Redican’s, although similar.

As an aside, I think the guitarist’s contribution and backing on the above was great. Some nifty footwork too !

wow, I really love this youtube channel. So much inspiring and beautiful content, in top HD quality!
And no, this is no advertisement ;)

I learned that tune as Fisherman’s Lilt. Matt Molloy plays it on a lower flute on Heathery Breeze.