EUJET about to fly from Kent

EUJET about to fly from Kent

This is not a piece of subliminal advertising. Just to let you know that a new budget airline’s about to start flying from Manston on the East Kent coast, a much under-used airport with a huge long runway.
The bloke running Eujet is Irish I gather, and was allegedly chief executive at Ryanair before this venture. The airline’s based in Shannon, but that’s not a destination they currently offer (how I hope they will soon!)
But they are flying to Dublin. Routes start up in September and more get added every few weeks. Since the airport’s only 20 mins from my house, it’ll be great for weekends to the Dublin area so I’ll be asking for session venue tips in due course.

Manston is not blessed with ideal infrastructure links, like high speed train services, but I reckon that anyone from London and the South east will probably find it reasonably accessible, with cheap easy parking. I’m a keen supporter of (a) cheap flying and (b) small entrepreneurs in the face of the big boys, so I’ll fly as often as poss with this new outfit.

Anyone interested to check it out, have a look. And one novel gimmick is, you can book your actual seat on the plane, as they give you a pictorial plane layout diagram to choose from when you book.

www.eujet.com

Re: EUJET about to fly from Kent

To anyone using Bristol Airport, be very careful if you’re parking there or being set down or picked up. It must be one of the most user-unfriendly airports in the country for passengers (sorry, self-loading luggage) when it comes to parking.

A recent example. They’ve set up a 10-minute free parking zone, but you have to pay £2/hr if you go over the 10 minutes. The catch is that it takes at least 10 minutes to park your car, walk to the terminal to meet your passenger and then walk back to the carpark; and, unless you’re very lucky, there will be a queue waiting to exit the zone, which will further add to the time you’re already over 10 minutes!

Trevor

Re: EUJET about to fly from Kent

Here are some other music area friendly budget flights:
Ryanair Aberdeen-Dublin Dublin-Aberdeen(daily)
Ryanair Prestwick (just south of Glasgow) - Shannon (daily), Prestwick-Dublin
Aer Lingus Dublin-Shannon (Daily, can connect from Aberdeen - Dublin both ways, only about £20 when we did it).
Aer Lingus Edinburgh-Dublin (some very low cost specials)
Check the websites.

Posted by .