Moving to Nürnberg

Moving to Nürnberg

I am moving to Nürnberg in January and keen to find some Irish music sessions to join in and to listen. Is there anyone out there in session land able to point me in the right direction?
Many thanks

Re: Moving to Nürnberg

Sent you a message. Enjoy Nürnberg! :-)

Re: Moving to Nürnberg

Did you get my message? I can’t see it here on my profile. I write it to you here but I delete the email addresses of the contacts. Let me know if you got them…
Ah… my reply wasn’t posted… Okay, I try again. First of all … all the best for your time in Nürnberg. I am not there any more but I can give you some contacts. There is a weekly session in Fürth, Irish Cottage Pub (Tuesday) where they play mainly tunes. Then there is a monthly session in Nuremberg (normally first Monday of the month). I can give you contacts. Then there is a singing session in Nürnberg, The Castle Pub. I don’t have any contact for that as I was more into tunes :-)… There are also tunes sessions in Regensburg (about 1 hour from Nuremberg) and some musicians from Nuremberg go there sometimes. If you are interested in music gatherings I can recommend the meetings in Elmstein Music School and the gatherings of the German Uilleann Pipes Society (DUPG.net). There are lots of other things going on in Germany musicwise… Get in touch with facebook. You’ll find most of the musicians in Germany there… All the best and have fun in Nuremberg! Sabine