Recording Apps for Android

Recording Apps for Android

Any recommendations for simple recording apps for an Android phone. A friend recommended Recorder HQ but that seems to be for Apple devices only. Thanks

Re: Recording Apps for Android

I use Hi-Q. Easy to use in sessions, and makes mp3s.

I endorse the HI-Q recommendation. Recording in MP3 gives me 320 hours on my phone 🙂 Can also upload straight to somewhere like dropbox as soon as the recording finishes. Cost of the paid for version is pretty small.

Posted by .

I just use audio recorder works great!

Voice Recorder should come with the handset. Decent enough, does the job and it also lets you leave time markers (handy if you’ve recorded a full session and you want to know where all the tunes start).

Audipo is another good one. Not simple at all but more versatile - speed up, slow down, loop sections, label timestamps, if you’re into that.

I use TapeMachine, which is simple and has a great waveform interface. It’s not maintained anymore, and if you want to record in mp3 rather than wav you have to google "tapemachine mp3 codec", but it’s the best I’ve used

RecForge Lite. Free, easy to use, has a nice widget for instant access. Just search the App Store, there are several options. The limiting factor in recording quality for all of them is the mic in your phone.