JADE rosin

JADE rosin

I was noticing that I would start coughing after rosining my bow. I don’t think I’m over rosining (although I guess I could be wrong about that). Anyway, I heard about JADE rosin so bought some. Good Lord, this stuff is sticky! And I can hear it when I play. But I’m not coughing! I wiped off my bows hairs really well (I was using Bernadel) before I applied it, and I always wipe off my strings after playing. Has anyone here used JADE and if so, what are your experiences/recommendations?

Re: JADE rosin

Sorry, I haven’t. But rosin choice can be a very personal thing. Glad you found one that works for you.

Posted by .

I’ve used Jade rosin for many years now, and it’s got a fairly good grip, even on the low C string.

I’m about to try Pirastro Schwartz (the dark stuff) to see if it makes any difference.

Update on the Pirastro Schwartz rosin - it’s a bit more grippy than the Jade, and I personally prefer it.

It gives the notes a better attack, and really reminds you just what you are doing with the bow :)

I like the Jade rosin. It sounds less ‘gritty’ than others I have tried and doesn’t leave as much dust, in fact hardly any, on my fiddle, which may be why it doesn’t make you cough. I found I have to apply it more frequently in small quantities for best result.