sessions on Skye?

sessions on Skye?

In searching for sessions to visit on an upcoming April trip to Scotland, i wonder if there are other sessions on Skye besides those listed here. Especially interested in Monday and Tuesday, nights which seem to be ‘dark.’
Can anyone suggest others—- or perhaps, meet me for a few tunes? i can meet you anywhere in the generally Portree area….!

Re: sessions on Skye?

The number of sessions up there tends to wax and wane with the passing seasons. At the moment I believe there is something of a nadir in arrangements as people hunker down for the winter and the tourists stay home. There is I am sure still plenty going on but exactly what will take someone better informed than I to suggest. The scene there though is fabulous if you can time a visit to take advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ7Evz2OU0186WVEwEAgbg

There are Tuesday sessions in Edinbane Inn from April till October. Portree is no good for sessions. (at present)

Am I the only one who read this as ‘sessions on Skype’?

A bridge too far from trad, perhaps? 😉

Hi
I visited Skye last year and also was looking for sessions

I came across a trad session run by a group called The Peatbog Fairies.
I joined the session and had a great time
In this pub the session went on till all hours, a pub very like a trad Irish pub
The pub also has next door to it very reasonable accommodation.
This group is quite well known and plays large stage venues
For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the pub ( a measure of how good it was)
But some of the group lives in the area and I would imagine they would not be difficult to find. They are very welcoming and are particularly delighted to have an Irish person join in

Rob G

Posted by .