sessions on Skye?

sessions on Skye?

In searching for sessions to visit on an upcoming April trip to Scotland, i wonder if there are other sessions on Skye besides those listed here. Especially interested in Monday and Tuesday, nights which seem to be ‘dark.’
Can anyone suggest others— or perhaps, meet me for a few tunes? i can meet you anywhere in the generally Portree area….!

Re: sessions on Skye?

The number of sessions up there tends to wax and wane with the passing seasons. At the moment I believe there is something of a nadir in arrangements as people hunker down for the winter and the tourists stay home. There is I am sure still plenty going on but exactly what will take someone better informed than I to suggest. The scene there though is fabulous if you can time a visit to take advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ7Evz2OU0186WVEwEAgbg

There are Tuesday sessions in Edinbane Inn from April till October. Portree is no good for sessions. (at present)

Am I the only one who read this as ‘sessions on Skype’?

A bridge too far from trad, perhaps? 😉

Hi
I visited Skye last year and also was looking for sessions

I came across a trad session run by a group called The Peatbog Fairies.
I joined the session and had a great time
In this pub the session went on till all hours, a pub very like a trad Irish pub
The pub also has next door to it very reasonable accommodation.
This group is quite well known and plays large stage venues
For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the pub ( a measure of how good it was)
But some of the group lives in the area and I would imagine they would not be difficult to find. They are very welcoming and are particularly delighted to have an Irish person join in

Rob G

Posted by .