The Beast from the East (Bridlington?)

The Beast from the East (Bridlington?)

I am feeling distinctly under-sessioned at the moment. Is anybody else in the same position? HELP! ;(

Re: The Beast from the East (Bridlington?)

Everything around here cancelled (Edinburgh), folk clubs, sessions, flights. Last train yesterday was 6pm, last bus 7pm.
Back to the old kitchen session or maybe some practice?

same old thing, a few snowflakes and the country shudders to a halt. Whatever do they think of us ‘poor old Brits’ in Canada and Sweden where they actually have proper winters ?

"a few snowflakes"

Erm, well a wee bit more up here. Average depth round me perhaps 15 inches but, with drifting, depth varies from nothing to 3 feet or more.

aye Donald, i see what you mean - but down here in the far southeast we only have a couple of inches but still the schools close and the shops sell out of bread!

Shops for us are eight long miles away. And we just finished the last whisky.

We are very peripheral Edinburgh, so 600 ft above sea level. An army of neighbours dug out our road this morning, only to have another 3 inches cover it all this afternoon: constant blizzard for 3 hours. Not far off Donald’s depth sounding here either. Fortunately got milk on Monday and not needed shops since: still got whisky too.

We even have snow lying down by the coast which is very rare.
I also did my shopping on Monday and have not bothered to venture out of the house for the last couple of days.
Plenty to keep me amused though. I watched a few old DVDs and even dusted down the piano accordion which I neglected for the last year or so.

If I end up getting really bored, there’s always "Spring Cleaning" but I’ve a few more cards in the pack left to play before that.