Tunepal having problems connecting to tunepal.org

Tunepal having problems connecting to tunepal.org

Hi

I’ve had Tunepal on my Android device for a little over a year now and it has performed reasonably well and I’ve had no problems with it not doing its job. After a period of not using it, I’ve tried a number of times over the past couple of weeks to identify tunes, played into the phone on a whistle, and received the same message commencing … "Sorry, Tunepal is having a problem connecting to tunepal.org at the moment".

Checking online suggests this was an issue some time back (maybe a couple of years ago) when the server was apparently underpowered for the number of requests it was getting. I assume this was fixed as I’ve never seen this message before … I installed Tunepal after this problem was reported and seemingly fixed.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and been able to determine the cause- or, better still, a fix?
Thought I’d ask here first just incase it was a known, ongoing problem before trying to find out how to raise this with Tunepal.

Many thanks
Chris

Re: Tunepal having problems connecting to tunepal.org

Working fine for me this morning on the iOS version.

Cheers Michael.

I’ve had a chance to play about a little and I visited the tunepal.org website - which came up with the green "tunepal" circle for recording a tune fragment for identification. It looks very similar to the Android app. When tapping to record, a sample tune is identified perfectly.
It looks like tunepal.org works ok - the problem seems to lie with the app talking to the website. I guess that confirms the message that comes up!

The above is pushing the limit of my "tech" skills as I know nothing about apps etc. I’m guessing something has been changed somewhere - not me, honest. I wouldn’t know where to go to change anything, Maybe an update that just hasn’t worked for me?

I’ve emailed tunepal for a resolution. If one comes, I’ll post the outcome here in case someone else experiences this in the future.

Maybe try uninstalling it from your phone, then reinstalling?
Another thought, do you ever turn your phone off? Maybe a restart on your phone might work?
Alex.

@Alex

Thanks for that, Alex - winning suggestion!
I wasn’t sure whether it was possible to uninstall and reinstall a paid-for app without incurring the cost again but your suggestion made me find out and it seems it’s fine to do so - so I did and the problem has sorted itself out.
I can now try and find out the name of that slip-jig that’s driving me crazy!

Thanks again.