Sessions in Phoenix area

Sessions in Phoenix area

Any regular sessions happening in the greater Phoenix area (where I’ll be visiting next week )? It looks like Fibber Magee’s has some Sunday sessions but nothing on their calendar for 18th of March. Everything else listed here on the Mustard board seems to have dried up. Do any informal sessions pop up on The Great Day itself (the 17th)?

Re: Sessions in Phoenix area

I think the majority of the Fibbers session are playing at an event that day but if they aren’t, I’ll PM you. I’d offer to head down the hill to play a few tunes with you but my right arm is in a cast. Poor timing that but unavoidable. There are a number of pubs in the Phoenix area celebrating the great day and the Irish cultural center also has some things planned: http://www.azirish.org/st-patricks-day/
Failing that, you could head over to the MIM and hear Socks in the Frying Pan on Friday or Runa on Saturday. https://mim.org/concerts/upcoming-concerts/

Thanks for the info Callison & sorry to hear about the cast! Hopefully we will meet up one of these times,
Jon

Or come down to Tucson….we’re still planning our regular session on Sunday at the Tap and Bottle on 6th Ave.

Hi Jon,

This is Brian, I’m one of the moderators of the Fibber Magee’s session. Yes indeed, we are planning to have our usual Sunday session at 4pm March 18. Come on down if you’re in town.

There may be an informal session at the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Faire. That’s a definite "maybe." Carl is right that most of us are playing several gigs that day, but we may try to sneak a tune or two in between (we’re crazy that way). If it does happen there, it would be at the Sister Cities booth after 4:30pm. As I mentioned, that’s a "maybe." The sure thing will be at Fibber Magee’s at 4pm on Sunday.

Hope to see you,

Brian

p.s. If you Facebook, join the group AZ Irish Music. I post weekly session notifications there.

Thanks all! Looking forward to some craic in AZ

To put a cap on this thread, let me report that the Sunday session at Fibber Magee’s was good fun with friendly folks and great tunes. Thanks to all!