“The Northern Fiddler”

“The Northern Fiddler”

I’m doing a bit of library re-organisation.
I’ve got a Second Edition copy of “The Northern Fiddler” by Allen Feldman and Eamonn O’Doherty which has been out of print for many years.
The copy I’ve got is in pristine condition.
Any suggestions about the best way to sell the book?
I’ve seen the speculative pricing on sites such as AbeBooks.
Any advice?
Cheers.

Re: “The Northern Fiddler”

Pm me if you decode to sell it for a reasonable price, I’d like to own a physical copy.

Really, it’s not worth very much at all. It’s one of those books that nobody wants, and I think you’ll be stuck with it. As a favour to you, I’ll take it off your hands for a couple of quid, although I’m robbing myself.

Seriously, though, I have a copy - not pristine, and scribbled through with my own annotations - and I love it. It’s a shame it hasn’t been republished, but perhaps one day…

@harryt8 - you could try posting on the boards of the Fiddle Forum :

http://www.fiddleforum.com/fiddleforum/index.php

I have the book too (2nd edition, 1985, Oak Publications).

I see on the AbeBooks site that the 1st and 2nd editions show the same cover, but have different ISBNs.

Prices range from £79 to £318 … (cough!)

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/title/the-northern-fiddler/author/allen-feldman/

and on Amazon, £281 and £352 … er …

Exactly..!!
The pricing is extraordinary.
I mean it’s not a first edition Gutenberg Bible is it?
I’ll try and think of a reasonable price.
Cheers.

Hi Harry - there was a copy on eBay a few months ago. If I remember correctly it sold for between £30 / 40. Nothing like the ridiculous prices quoted when you “Google” it.

Posted by .

Wasn’t it freely available in Digital form not so long ago?? Not the same as a book, I do realize.

Thanks, AB, for reposting the download info. I didn’t see this thread till just now.

As for the original poster’s price query, I bought a physical copy of the Northern Fiddler for $55 last December. It was definitely in used but not abused classification. I think that a price between $50 and $100 would get you a good return while not price gouging the buyer.

Just put my copy, a very good condition one, on eBay.