tunes about dreams

tunes about dreams

I read a lot of the comments from the discussion "dreams?" and laughed at least 5 times. My fiddle bow is swishing over the fiddle making no sound proper so maybe I’ll dream about that. Carried it down road without case and bumped it awkwardly. ???

But I’ll offer Garster’s Dream as a lovely dream tune from Shetland, Garster whilst asleep (?) was given the tune by the trows - 2 versions posted on TheSession. I love both tunes, similar but not the same. Any more dream tunes please.

Re: tunes about dreams

"The Gap of Dreams", the first track on CD of the same name by Altan, released last month.

Sergeant Early’s Dream. A favorite of mine.

One of my favorites came from a friend of mine, Kevin Rumery. I recorded Kevin’s Dream on my Giotár album, with help from Kevin himself. The story of the tune is in the details on the tune page: https://thesession.org/tunes/15711

Basically, Kevin had to move away from home at one point, and was missing the session back home. He dreamed that he was at the session, and someone played this tune. So Kevin made him teach it - in the dream. He woke up and played the tune, and wrote it down. It’s a really nice tune - and fairly unique in the way it is put together.

I tend to like the "dream" tunes in general. Paddy Ryan’s Dream and Sergeant Early’s Dream are among my favorites as well.

Christina’s Dream a v. likeable jig, thank you.

Devil’s Dream - old timey version of De’il among the Tailors

Sweeney ‘s Dream off the Kevin Burke “If the cap fits” album - great reel

It’s actually on his Sweeney’s Dream album.

Sea of Dreams by Davy Spillane ! Great album, you must not miss it