Doolin Sessions in June

Doolin Sessions in June

Hi folks,

I’m thinking of visiting Ireland for a few days and would really like to base myself at Doolin.
Does anyone here know the status of the sessions in there in June? I could only find one updated here from a year ago.

Also, are there any sessions that are more "open" (not "performance", closed sessions)?

Thanks a million.

Re: Doolin Sessions in June

Do a search in the "Discussions" heading with "What’s the deal with sessions in Doolin?".

Sessions in Doolin can be very crowded, commercial, tourist oriented affairs. Better to go to local sessions in Ennistymon, Kilfenora, Lisdoonvarna, Kilshanny, Liscannor, Lahinch and other small towns in the general area.

Crosses of Annagh was good, small, no songs just tunes
Pat

jtrout - Thanks but I already did that and noticed the discussion is from 4 years ago :)
David Levine - Thanks for detailed answer!
Pat - Thanks, have never been to Miltown (or the festival) :)

So, I have only 4 days in Ireland and looking for a rural place with a hostel or two
and great friendly sessions - can anyone help?

Thanks a million
Ofer

Crosses of Annagh is my local pub , and sadly it’s been closed down A few years now. A great loss for me personally. Used to have great sessions in the kitchen there and a 2min stagger home :-) :-(
Davids suggestions are your best bet IMO

Thanks Will. Does anyone know if the sessions in Ennistymon and Lisdoonvarna or Miltown
are active?

Plenty.

Private message sent…