I have a procedure to produce tab notation from abc for many kind of strings instruments

I have a procedure to produce tab notation from abc for many kind of strings instruments

I test the procedure for GDAE, DADGAD fretted instruments with and without capo. It should work with GDAD, CGDA, EADGBE fretted instruments and even other tuning. Is this a good place here to post it? Meaning, is it enough related to TIM?

Laurent

Re: I have a procedure to produce tab notation from abc for many kind of strings instruments

Please do! I’d say about 3 out of 4 reactions to my Youtube videos are people asking for tabs for the tunes I play, but since don’t use tabs myself and I’m too lazy to write them out for every tune I post just for other people, I usually have to disappoint them. But there’d be quite a market for it ;)

Re: I have a procedure to produce tab notation from abc for many kind of strings instruments

Yes please, would love an easy way to produce mandolin tabs.

Posted by .

Tijn, have you thought of making a site similar to

http://www.mandolintab.net/abcconverter.php but for multiple instruments -

which might be what SJ incidentally is looking for?

Apologies, I meant Laurent. Didn’t scroll up enough on mobile.

I use TablEdit to convert abc notation to tab for GDAD octave mandolin.

To Joe fidkid: Yes, I agree, and TabEdit may be much easier to use at least with Windows or OS X (i.e. non Linux system). On the other hand, the procedure I give is free.

To Alpinerabbit: Good idea, but for now, I don’t plan to invest time in a web site. Currently all my free time is for music.