David Daye Pipes

David Daye Pipes

I searched this and didn’t find a direct answer so sorry if this has been posted before. I was wondering of those who have ordered from David Daye what communication has been like during the ordering process. I have a van der Aa accordion and one of the aspects I liked most was how communicative Frans was throughout the entire process.

I’m considering ordering from David since he is one of the "local" pipemakers that is only a few hours away from me and was just curious to hear from others who have ordered from him.

Cheers!

Re: David Daye Pipes

I have a penny chanter on order with David and his emails have been straight forward and informative. Communication does not appear to be an issue.

I’ve always had good luck speaking with Dave. The operative word is speaking. I simply made allowance for differences in time zones, and called him during the hours he indicated on his website. I’ve made sveral purchases over the years and been well treated and satisfied. Short of being bed-ridden (which happens to him occasionally) he has been generous with his time.

I’ve communicated with him through email and in person. I have not bought from him but he appears pretty good with keeping people up to date on the status of their orders. (During a recent medical episode he put notices on his website and stated that if he had not contacted people regarding their orders yet, that they should contact him).

Thanks for the advice. I’ll give him a ring instead of emailing him.

My feeling is that I have great difficulty in communicating with David. I paid him a deposit through paypal in 2017, and have been trying to contact him by email, but I only replied once during this period, and the transaction was not completed.On March 7 this year, I paid the deposit through paypal again, but so far I still can’t contact with you by email.