RTÉ to reissue Elizabeth Crotty CD

Hi,

I thought this might be of interest.

===========================================
12 August 2004

RTÉ Radio has announced that it will reissue ‘Elizabeth Crotty, Concertina Music from West Clare’ five years after it was first launched to critical acclaim.

Crotty (1885-1960) was one of Ireland’s most popular and influential traditional musicians and this reissue is in response to the original pressing selling out.

Her concertina playing was introduced to a nationwide audience by RTÉ’s Ciarán Mac Mathúna on his radio show. Her playing has influenced many contemporary musicians, including The Chieftains.

The CD contains 31 tracks and is priced at €14.99.

Re: RTÉ to reissue Elizabeth Crotty CD

Mrs Crotty

excellent news, looking forward to its re-release.

Hopefully this is the start of more re-releases. I think the Padraig O’Keeffe, and the Denis Murphy and Julia Clifford CDs from RTE are no longer available (the last time I checked with Celtic Grooves).

Posted by .

I dunno, Jim. The upper case of @ is ". The thing is, when I type it out everything is OK on the screen, the gremlins get in when the posted version appears. Maybe I’ve been using accents instead of apostrophies. Let’s see how this comes out :-))

That’s better, problem solved !

Is there an RTE site where the archival recordings are cataloged?
Or any such listing?

I keep reading about RTE recordings made in the ‘50’s or ‘60’s in artists’ biographies but I can’t seem to find how to get copies.

Are these only available as commercial labels license them, or directly from RTE?

Many thanks,

stvlustingforhistory