Craic in Ennis

Craic in Ennis

I’m planning being in Ennis this Friday and Saturday.

Any ideas what to do please? Sessions, gigs etc?

Cheers

Dagger

Re: Craic in Ennis

Hi Dagger, and welcome!

Be sure to add your trip to Ennis here:

https://thesession.org/trips/add

Then you’ll get to see any nearby sessions, events, etc. that are on while you’re there.

Ennis is absolutely full of pub sessions of a ludicrously high standard, and the centre of town where the bulk of the pubs are is small and easily walkable - If you don’t get any definitive venues / times suggested by people here, your best bet is probably to show up in any of the pubs and ask where and when sessions are happening.

Last time I was there I found sessions in Nora Culligan’s, Knox’s and The Diamond, and I heard mention of Cruise’s, Brogan’s and Ciaran’s, so I’m sure you’ll find something!

Tunes most nights in Poet’s Corner (Old Ground Hotel) and Fawl’s across the street Fri. & Sat.

Saturday Moroney’s in the Market Place, Kelly’s on Carmody Street, odd Fridays in Griffin’s, Parnell Street, probably music in Faffa Considine’s, same street.

No shortage.

Certainly no shortage! Lots of great sessions.
Got off to a grand start at 4.30 (!!!) on Friday afternoon with Blackie O’Donnell and Cyril O’Donaghue with a session which had 6 (maybe 7 actually) Uilleann pipers.And it went on from there.

Had a great time. Would certainly recommend Ennis.