ceolachan’s thirty-two thousand and thirty-eight comments

ceolachan’s thirty-two thousand and thirty-eight comments

I have periods were I don’t follow The Session very much and periods where I do. I’m back again at the moment and delighted to see our colleague is still going strong. I say this because when I was last paying attention I was little worried about his health.

There were a few times - a few years back - when ceolachan drew attention to the fact that I was posting too high a proportion of self composed tunes - and then drew attention to it again - and again. Once I got over my irritation, I posted a few non self composed tunes. And then he asked me if I intended to publish the whole of The Ringing Strings - tune by tune. Once I got over my irritation….I realised that he was right

I have drawn heavily from this site over the years and appreciate the contributions of many. But when I step back and look, ceolachan’s contribution is immense. Not only will he regularly come up with multiple new takes on recently posted tunes, but he will spot and cross reference duplicates and cross copy their contents.

I don’t think the Session has any special way of acknowledging this kind of outstanding contribution. So in the meantime I am just this writing this short note.

So it’s a big thank you to ceolachan from me. I don’t know how you do it - but keep doing it!!!

All the best

Re: ceolachan’s thirty-two thousand and thirty-eight comments

By Ceolachan’s own account, his sobriquet can be rendered as something like ‘tune drunkard’. Bearing in mind Bacchus’ injunction that wine is from the gods, and music from the Muses, we should all share in and appreciate such divine intoxication!

Aye, I’ll drink to that!

His profile is so long that, interesting though it is, I have never read it all.

I too will raise a glass to ceolachan’s contributions, not only his 32,038 comments but also the 5,338 tune settings he has contributed, which I may note is nearly 3 times (2.9 to be more precise) the number of tune in "the bible" - Francis O’Neil’s Music of Ireland.

Posted by .

Like!

Posted by .

I’ll drink to that. Sauldos!