Channel Islands sessions

Channel Islands sessions

My mother has asked me to accompany her on holiday sometime next summer and has expressed an interest in going to The Channel Islands. It would be nice to get some tunes in whilst I am there. Does anyone know of any sessions happening there? It need not necessarily be Irish - English, French, even Anglo-Norman…

The session database here doesn’t seem to have ‘Channel Islands’ as an option in its list of countries - but they are neither England nor France. Searching on ‘Jersey’ just brings up a load of sessions on the East Coast of the America.

Re: Channel Islands sessions

I did a bit of googling and there does seem to be rather a dearth of information about Jersey sessions. There IS a music shop, Island Music, in St Helier and maybe it’s worth looking at their website (www.islandmusic.co.uk) - they would answer queries I think. Tel. 01534 870053. It looks a pleasant shop.

For Guernsey you could get in touch with Belles & Broomsticks, they’re a mixed Cotswold Morris side, AND (not but!) they’re really nice people and some very fine musicians among them.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

Oh, you didn’t mean the Channel Islands in California. Because we’ve got sessions, but not on the islands.